Why use eDEST?
Learn from your guests. eDEST extracts insight and knowledge from big data about tourist destinations on social media and other online sources. Understanding how tourists perceive the market, and which destination features drive their interest, gives invaluable insight for successful marketing campaigns & content marketing strategies.
Improve reputation management and customer experience. The importance of other traveller opinions in destination selection is indisputable. eDEST provides a data-driven view into specific elements. By identifying tourism value chain strengths and weaknesses, eDEST can help design effective tourism strategy plans and improve the destination experience, according to visitor preferences.
Evaluate and optimize your communication activities. eDEST supports the process of destination branding by comprehensively monitoring image and highlighting discrepancies between perception and reality.
eDEST can be used at any destination level, be it a country, region, city or a single attraction as a micro-destination.
What are the implications of eDEST?
- Detailed analysis through real-time web crawling including, social media, review sites, forums and other online sources
- Deep insight into the activities and preferences of tourists through unique eDEST image model
- Evaluation of communication activities
- Identification of tourism value chain strengths and weaknesses
- Detecting discrepancies between the perception of tourists and what is projected by destination
What can eDEST results be used for?
- Tourism strategies
- Tourism marketing plans
- Unique inputs for marketing campaigns
- Inputs for tourism promotion agencies
What makes eDEST unique?
Existing big data solutions for monitoring guest experience are limited and focused on analyzing the performance of key product categories. Without doubt, the sentiment analysis provides valuable information for product development and is also an essential part of eDEST analytics. However, eDEST has some unique features:
- Comprehensive and multi-layered destination analysis. The conceptual model of eDEST is grounded in extensive scientific and empirical research.
- Competitive differentiation. By comparing destination image across main competitors and identifying the destination’s most distinct aspects in the eyes of visitors, eDEST can be used to set destination products, services and the brand apart from those of its competitors.
- Ability to evaluate and optimize communication activities. eDEST discovers and explores discrepancies between user-generated content and paid promotional material (the difference between advertising and word of mouth) to build a story that is more credible and appealing to tourists.